Four Year Plan 2016-2020
Education creates better life choices and outcomes for New Zealanders. Education is also key to equipping New Zealanders to thrive in the rapidly developing global environment.
Success in education helps young people, especially those in hardship, find a better future.
We want an education system that enables everyone to succeed and creates the foundation for a flourishing society and a strong economy. Our Four Year Plan sets out what we’re trying to achieve between now and 2020. It includes:
- Our role and what we want to achieve for New Zealand
- How we’re going to work with teachers, principals, parents, whānau and other Government agencies to raise educational achievement
- How we’ll deliver on our Ministers’ priorities
- The significant programmes and initiatives that will support this
- The key areas of development for our organisation.
The plan on a page shows all the key components of the plan and how they fit together. It’s a snapshot of the full document and highlights the critical areas that we need to focus our efforts on.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback