Fourth Partnership Schools Application Round (2016)
The fourth and fifth rounds of applications to open Partnership Schools | Kura Hourua, in 2018 and 2019 respectively, were approved in Budget 2016 and announced by the Parliamentary Under-Secretary to the Minister of Education on 20 May 2016.
On 18 July 2016 the Under-Secretary formally announced that Round Four was to open in August.
The application process differs from Round Three. Applicants are invited to lodge an initial Expression of Interest. From an assessment of these, those that are considered sufficiently robust and of sufficient interest will be invited to prepare full applications. Unsuccessful applicants may improve their submissions and resubmit them for Round Five.
Round Four opened on 12 August for Expressions of Interest from organisations interested in applying to run a Partnership School opening in 2018. The full application period opens on 30 September and closes on 31 October 2016.
The preference factors for Round Four remain the same as for Round three. These are:
- Make effective use of the flexibilities offered by the model
- Offer effective, innovative options for 0-8 year olds
- Are large enough to be comfortably (economically) viable
- Are located in an area or areas where there are students who are not being well served by the education system
- Bring together education, business and/or community sector partnership(s)
- Have a focus on science, technology, engineering and mathematics
- Are not from existing private schools seeking to convert to a Partnership School.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback