Charter school information releases
Partnership schools kura hourua (charter schools) are a type of school in our education system which involves the business sector and community groups in the provision of education.
The Government’s policy is to remove the charter school model from the education system, and all existing charter schools have applied to become part of the wider state school system. Decisions on these applications are expected by the end of July 2018.
Key documents about charter schools have been published here. These include policy development, the Partnership Schools | Kura Hourua Working Group, the Indication of Interest phase, the application and decision-making phase led by the Authorisation Board and decisions made by the Minister of Education.
For further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media queries should be directed to email@example.com.
- Policy to remove the charter school model
- Charter Schools Policy Development
- Charter Schools Working Group Phase
- Charter Schools Advice to the Minister: Operations and Reporting
- Application Round 1 - Partnership Schools
- Application Round 2 - Partnership Schools
- Application Round 3 - Partnership Schools
- Application Round 4 - Partnership Schools
- Application Round 5 - Partnership Schools
- Approved Schools
- Advisory Group
- Charter Schools: Education Amendment Bill 2018 information release (external link)
- Education Amendment Bill 2018 (external link)
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback