Consultation on fees-free provision
We are consulting on the condition that provision is fees-free from 2016, until a further notice (in the New Zealand Gazette) is issued for the following funds:
- Intensive Literacy and Numeracy
- Workplace Literacy and Numeracy
- Intensive Literacy and Numeracy English for Speakers of Other Languages
- Intensive Literacy and Numeracy Refugee English Fund&
- Search and Rescue (Adult and Community Education)
- Emergency Management (Adult and Community Education)
- Youth Guarantee
- Student Achievement Component Qualifications at Levels 1 and 2 of the New Zealand Qualifications Framework (competitive allocation)
- Māori and Pasifika Trades Training.
The notice also consults on the condition that a tertiary education organisation must not charge fees to learners aged under 25 years old and enrolled in a course that is at Level 1 or Level 2 on the New Zealand Qualification Framework and funded through the Student Achievement Component Provision at Levels 1 and 2 on the New Zealand Qualification Framework (non-competitive allocation).
If you wish to make a submission on proposed fee-free conditions the New Zealand Gazette notice outlining the proposed conditions and submission details can be found on the New Zealand Gazette website. (external link) Submissions on the proposed condition close on 17 June 2015.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback