GMA7: Human resource management
Governance, management and administration criterion 7
Suitable human resource management practices are implemented.
Processes for human resource management, including:
- Selection and appointment procedures
- Job/role descriptions;
- Induction procedures into the services;
- A system of regular appraisal;
- Provision for professional development;
- A definition of serious misconduct; and
- Discipline/dismissal procedures.
The criterion informs the Ministry of Education about the management’s commitment and capability to implement human resource management practices that will recruit, manage and develop competent staff, as the ongoing quality of the staff engaging with and educating children is important in a quality service.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback