Communications and engagement
A communications and engagement specialist can support a Community of Learning | Kāhui Ako to connect well with all its members as well as the wider community, including iwi, whānau, other government agencies and employers. The service could be useful at all stages of the development of a Community of Learning.
The communications and engagement role can offer advice and practical support in:
- defining the goals of the Community of Learning
- communicating with parents, family and whānau about the Community of Learning
- establishing good channels of communication among members of the Community of Learning
- identifying groups in the wider community to connect with
- preparing a communications plan.
Funding for this role is available to support specific communications and engagement tasks related to a Community of Learning. The role could be useful at all stages of the development of a Community of Learning.
Please contact your local education advisor about your need for support in communications and engagement. You may nominate someone who you think might be suitable for this role in your Community of Learning.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback